Currently, there are over 7 billion people in the world. What it means is that there are billions of skin types and textures out there. It will be near-impossible to find an exact skincare regimen to fit every single person and that's why there are definitive guides to help you find your ideal skincare routine.
Now that you're ready to know what your skin needs, let's take a walk.
How to create your own skincare routine.
Your skin type should fall under any of the categories mentioned below.
Does your complexion appear balanced and healthy most of the time? If yes, it means you are lucky to have normal skin. Normal skin is not prone to skin problems such as acne, dryness, tightness, or greasiness. However, if you have normal skin, occasional issues such as oiliness and congested pores might pop up, and that's why it is important for you to adopt a healthy skincare regimen.
- Invest in a gentle, nourishing cleanser to eliminate dirt, pollutants, oil, and makeup.
- Apply a soothing toner to balance your skin. Follow up with an antioxidant serum that has a chockfull of skin-enhancing ingredients.
- Moisturize with a lightweight lotion for mega-hydration.
- Never skimp on sunscreen, no matter how perfect your skin looks.
- Repeat your morning routine, but add a cleansing oil to your cleansing step for a deeply cleansed skin.
- Layer on your treatment products to target blemishes or any flare ups.
Your skin is oily, if you notice you have the following issues;
- Oversecretion of oil.
- Enlarged pores.
- Greasiness and roughness.
- Shiny complexion
Here’s how to keep your oily skin in tip-top shape.
- Cleansing is a must for oily skin. Use a mild foaming cleanser to wash off dirt, makeup residue, and debris.
- Use a chemical-based exfoliant to cleanse your pores and regulate oil secretion.
- Select a toner that will control oil and shine without removing excess oil from your skin.
- A water-based serum is your best bet. Your oil serums should take backstage till your skin is balanced.
- Avoid heavy moisturizers that may sit on your skin and prevent your pores from breathing. A lightweight facial cream that is easily absorbed by the skin is what you need.
- Layer up with chemical sunscreen.
- Exfoliate with products that contain ingredients such as AHA, BHA, and enzymes.
- Pamper your skin with super luxe products that balance oiliness while strengthening your skin barrier.
Dry skin lacks oil and if you fall within this category, you may observe flakiness, dryness, tightness, and even roughness. Dry skin can be properly taken care of if you know how to navigate through it. Our tips listed below will leave your skin moisturized, healthy looking, and soft.
- You should skip deep cleansing in the morning if you have not worn makeup or broken out in a sweat. Excess cleansing worsens dry skin. If you must cleanse, use a creamy or milky cleanser.
- Toner improves the moisture balance of your skin by causing your skin barrier to take up more water and swell up, creating a plump complexion. Invest in hydrating, moisturizing, and soothing toners. Avoid toners with alcohol and other harsh ingredients.
- Add emollient products to your beauty arsenal. You can never go wrong with a balm .
- A thick, hydrating moisturizer is a life-saver for dry skin - never run out of one.
- Apply lightweight facial oils for a glowing, luminous appearance.
- Sunscreen application should come last before you step out. Use sunscreen that contain hydrating ingredients.
- Exfoliate at least once every week with a super gentle exfoliant to eliminate the buildup of flaky skin. Exfoliation allows moisturizing products to penetrate your skin better.
- Ultra hydrating products such as sheet masks and essences should be applied to enable you wake up to soft, bouncy skin.
Having combination skin is the perfect way to describe"sitting on the fence." . Your skin has some characteristics of both dry and oily skin types. On your forehead and nose, you'll notice some features of oily skin while on your jaws and cheeks, your skin will appear dry. Thankfully, you can fix the switch from oiliness to dryness with these tips
- Cleanse your face with watery, gel, or foamy cleansers. Cream cleansers are also superb.
- Use a hydrating toner.
- Layer up your serum.
- Slather on a hydrating lotion
- Use your sunscreen religiously.
- Exfoliate 1-2 times weekly.
- Address oiliness/dryness with products that target them individually while your skin repairs itself.
You have sensitive skin if your skin gets inflamed, irritated, infected, or red easily. Sensitive skin is the most delicate of all skin types, and it needs special care.
- Non-foaming, calming cleansers are exceptional for your sensitive skin.
- Go for toners that are free of alcohol and ingredients with astringent properties. Shop for toning formulas with ingredients that calm redness and inflammation.
- Your sensitive skin needs a simple moisturizer that soothes and hydrates.
- Apply facial serums with ingredients that will not sensitize or make your skin hyper–reactive.
- Apply mineral sunscreen (less irritating) to block out harmful UV rays of the sun.
- Slough off dead skin cells using a low concentration of chemical exfoliants. Weekly exfoliation is ideal.
- Treat concerns such as redness, inflammation with appropriate products and allow your skin to rejuvenate itself while you sleep.
Acne - Prone Skin
You have acne-prone skin if your skin gets frequent outbreaks of whiteheads, blackheads, papules, pimples etc. Thankfully, you can achieve a clear complexion even if your skin is susceptible to developing acne breakouts. Here's what your skincare routine should look like:
- Use a calming foaming wash that contains acne-fighting ingredients, to remove impurities and oil.
- Get a toner that is formulated with botanicals that can control acne. A good botanical to lookout for is willow bark extract.
- Opt for a moisturizer that is formulated with non pore-clogging ingredients.
- Apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- Select a good clay mask to draw out impurities and decongest your pores. Use twice weekly.
- Exfoliate your skin twice weekly. Avoid aggressive scrubs.
- Target acne flare-ups with products that have ingredients such as salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, retinol.
How to get Dewy, Luminous Skin no matter your skin type.
Irrespective of your skin type, your skin can retain its radiance and glow all year round. If you have been dreaming of healthy and luminous skin, here you go;
- Cleanse with a brightening cleanser.
- Tone immediately after cleansing.
- lways have a product with antioxidants such as niacinamide or vitamin C in your beauty rotation.
- Show love to your moisture barrier by using hydrating ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and Aloe vera.
- Exfoliate when necessary. Emphasis is on "necessary." Over exfoliation causes more harm than good. Retinol is a great exfoliant of choice.
- Never miss your serum application. Serums perform a plethora of functions; skin firming, hyper pigmentation, acne-control, redness control, etc. There's a serum for everyone's skincare needs.
- Massage your face to boost circulation and enhance collagen production.
- Keep in mind that using a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or more is compulsory for all skin types.
Our products have been formulated professionally to give you gleaming, firm, and plump skin. All skin types can benefit from the options we have in stock. Checkout our Skin Store to find your perfect routine.